Tuesday, January 8, 2013

OFFICIALLY a Perry Princess!!!

Tuesday, Jan. 8th:  Lia sleeps well…right next to her mama and wakes happy.  She has been happy most all of the time so far. I think she is just happy to be in a family and to have someone genuinely care about and love on her.  She lets us hug and kiss her…but you can tell she isn’t use to touch. We hold hands a lot tooJ She is a giggler and laughs when she is shy, embarrassed or excited.  She LOVES her iPod but doesn’t want to watch as much TV as I thought she might…that is a good thing. She also sings and dancesJ I also thought she would be attached to those stinky boy closes but she has been very happy to wear what I packed…even if she does need a size bigger.  Looks like we will be going shopping when we get homeJ  “Tomboy”…my BUTT!!! She loves to have her nails polished…they are now red.  She loves for me to make her hair pretty and to wear lip gloss.  She wanted to take another bubble bath tonight and was not near as shy about it.  She let me wash her hair for her again. These are great bonding times for us.  Yes…I know she is 13 yrs but she needs this, so please don’t judge.  She is a good eater. She ate a whole omelet at breakfast yesterday. She reminds me of both Lorelle and Lilyan (both looks and personality wise;)  I think her features…eyes, nose, etc. are actually more like Lilyan’s but will the glasses and the silliness, I can see Lorelle.  I think she has come a long way in just a couple days…it will be fun to watch her blossom. We met our guide in the lobby about 9:30AM this morning and it was back to the Civil Affairs office.  We signed the papers and passed the interviews and so did LiaJ She is now OFFICIALLY a Perry!!!  We were done with adoption stuff by 11AM so we had our driver drop us off on Shamian Island.  It is a peaceful island where we could let the girls run and play a bit.  We also enjoyed some shopping and ate lunch a Lucy’s (lots of American choices).  Lia ordered some spicy soup that had her nose running.  But she really enjoyed the French fries with lots of ketchupJ We had a bit of a challenge getting a taxi back to the hotel but we finally made it.  The big city traffic and pollution here I could not deal with everyday. I guess I am not a big city girl.  I am pretty certain my cold has become a sinus infection…so I started taking some antibiotics I brought. Please pray I can kick this thing. I also wish I had brought some Tylenol PM…but hey, I guess that is when I get my blog updates done (in the middle of the night when I should be sleeping).  After our island/taxi adventure...we were all happy to be back in our room.  We watched a movie and ordered room service for dinner.  I ordered Lia fried rice but she ended up sharing Lilyan’s spaghetti instead….and lots of fruit. Things are going much better that I had expected and I know I have God to thank. I am simply in awe of how He guides my family and how much He loves us.  Lance told our guide that Lia was obviously meant to be our daughter…it just took us a long time to find her.  God has a plan and we TRUST Him completely. Please continue to pray for our health and safety on this trip. We will begin our journey home in a week.  Love and Miss you boys!!!




Watching the ND game on Baba's phone... She was actually listening to her Ipod too. Her favorite American song seems to be "Calling all the Monsters"...she is learning the words and likes to sing along:)

My Guangdong girls...sister time:)

My happy girls...

OFFICIALLY Miss Lia Jing Perry!!!

LOVE my girls... Pearl River in the background;)

I think Lorelle and Lia posed with every statue on the island...LOL!!!


A dog with clothes and SHOES!?!:) Lia had NO interest in holding him...


Loved our island time with the girls:) Thank you Lord for another amazing day!!!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! So happy she is now a part of your family! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete