Saturday, January 5, 2013

We made it!!!

January 3rd/ 4th:  Lance, Lorelle, Lilyan and I said our goodbyes to Grandma Linda and the boys.  We left Warsaw for Chicago a little after 9AM I think.  Everything went smoothly at the airport.  We started boarding around 1PM I believe and it took about an hour to get our plane boarded and situated. Then it took another hour of sitting and taxing (I though we were gonna taxi all the way to China;) before we finally took off about 3PM.  SO…that is about 6 yours of travel already and we didn’t really GO anywhere yetL Lorelle was a little anxious about take off because of her ears…but we tried special airplane earplugs and they worked GREAT!! NO pain!!  Thank you Lord and all of you who prayedJ I did not want my girl to have 15+ hours of ear pain.  Lance got us seats that were at the front of the middle isle were the big TV was mounted (we were right under it) so that gave us extra leg room and also a good view of the TV for the girls.  They were simply AMAZING on the 15 ½ hour flight.  I expected to hear lots of “are we there yet” but NOPE…they did GREAT!!!  They watched movies, played on computers, iPad, iPods, Barbies, colored and wrote in their journals.  I am SO proud of themJ  They did have a really hard time getting comfortable enough to sleep though. So by the time we got down to the last couple hours and the turbulence started…poor Lorelle got sick, then her ears started to pop (I put the ear plugs in but a little too late I think). I need to remember to put them in a little sooner on the way home.  We were all very thankful to be off that plane when we arrived safely in Hong Kong at about 6:30PM Friday evening (that would be 7:30AM Friday morning for you all in Indiana).  Again, everything went smoothly at the airport here in Hong Kong, not much of a wait and we had our luggage and were off to our hotel. (This was funny…We got on a tram at the airport to the luggage terminal and Lorelle whispers to me, “So many Asians!” LOL!!! Lilyan hasn’t said much yet except that it drives her nuts that she can’t understand them…she asked me if I ever “get used to that”) We managed to cram us and our luggage into a regular size taxi…since no van taxi’s were in sight and the ride to the Hollywood Hotel was only about 10 minutes long. So after about 22 total hours of travel…we finally made it from our house to our hotel room in China. That was quite a day!!!  Praise the Lord for His protection and guidance during our travel<3 It was actually cheaper for us to stay here at a Disneyland hotel that it was to stay at a hotel downtown Hong Kong…go figure!:)  The girls were not complainingJ We went to bed about 11PM and the girls and I slept until 6AM...Lance was up a little earlier. 





No comments:

Post a Comment